Thursday, December 27, 2012

Rugged Sparkles



 

tops & belt (J.Crew, sparkles last seen HERE), shorts (HM), boots (Dolce Vita), bracelets (Voce, Ann Taylor, Stella & Dot), watch (Tag Heuer), shades (Gucci)
Hi all!  Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday--we certainly did!  My little ladies are at such a fun age it truly was such a very special day!  While many may think I received lots of clothes, shoes, baubles, etc---well, folks, that would be incorrect as my family doesn't even attempt to give me clothing since they know I'm quite particular.  I got something even better--by far one of the coolest gifts ever received...a boatload of shiny....TOOLS!!!  You may not know this; however, if this blogging bit and my day gig go belly up, I'm going to become a carpenter/contractor..no joke. I am OBSESSED with home reno and my sweet brother-in-law knows this and totes hooked me up with a gaggle of tools, how to's, a drill, bits, hammers, levels, stud finders, the list goes on (personalized hard hat included)!    

Which leads me to this rig as I envision I would sport something of this caliber on the job (minus the heeled boots and sequins although hells bells you never know).  I initially put this outfit on sans sparkles and felt a smidge drab...what better way to up the ante than with some sequins!  I'm also loving the idea of a stripe tee underneath or even another gingham button down.  Leopard ballets would make the rig a bit sweeter as well.  Again, just another friendly reminder that while sparkle season is definitely upon us, be sure to look for unconventional ways to sport the shine!  Y'all make it a good one!  
PS:  Apologies for the delayed Giveaway announcement.  Congratulations goes to Laura Evans!  Many  many thanks to all who participated!

photos courtesy of Lindsey Potter
 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

8 comments:

  1. SO glad I stumbled across your blog! In love with your style and you are rockin' that hair!

    Have a Happy New Year's!

    xo
    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace!! So glad you found me---Happy New Year's to you my dear!

      Delete
  2. you are a doll! so glad i came across your blog!

    thechiffondiary.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am obsessed with your blog! You are a living doll! You are truly an inspiration. Check my blog out www.theplatinumblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sweet, Alise--thanks my dear!! Def will sneak a peak at your blog!! Xx--bp

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's something I definitely want to learn is how to do home projects with tools! You should show that stuff too! Your outfits are so fabulous I would love to see your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly!! IF (and that's a big IF) I have DIY successes with the big boy tools, I will def share...Upholstery (minor tools necessary) is next on deck! Xx--BP

      Delete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL