Monday, March 25, 2013

Checks & Camo



  


jeans (GAP, see splurge HERE HERE), shirt (J.Crew see SIMILAR), heels (J.Crew 25% off today), clutch (Kate Spade see SIMILAR), watch (Nordstrom), ring (Lagos), shades (Ray Ban), necklace (Erin McDermott Jewelry)

Morning, Gang!  I hope everyone had a lovely weekend--the move was a success and thank goodness it is O.V.E.R!  Thank you for all of the well wishes....let's get onto the rig, yes?  The marriage of gingham & camo makes me quite happy.  I think most would typically gravitate towards something a little more edgy or urban when dressing up camo, but I'm kinda loving the idea of prepping it up (I will keep an eye out for my GAP version--think they literally JUST sold out as I bought mine 2 weeks ago).  Other ways to sport the camo?  See a Feminine Twist or a Play on Stripes.  Make sure to follow s + s on Instagram to see more OOTD's that don't make the blog's cut.  Make it a good one (and stay dry if your in Lex)!


photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem



 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

11 comments:

  1. Ok, first of all, I'm in love with my Gap camos also! I've been wearing them almost nonstop for the last 3 weeks since I got them (and just purchased the dark navy with subtle dots). But enough of that; I would have not thought to pair them with checks, so thank you! I've been wearing them a lot with stripes, which is a no-brainer, but checks? On my to-wear list. Thanks! Looks damn cute!


    Carrie
    www.drivingtomojave.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this look really makes me want to give camo pants a try - so so cute!

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, I love my camo pants.

    GIVEAWAY on the blog

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How, how, how do you make camo pants look so chic! I swear I just to hate camo pants until I saw you wearing them! Now I am actually thinking about getting a pair!


    www.theadoredlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. danielle @ lou what wearMarch 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM

    of course you can make camo preppy!

    let's set another lunch date soon, k? :)

    xo
    d

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this combo! An unexpected pairing that goes together perfectly - think the add of those lovely cobalt pumps is the icing on the cake. I have these exact camo pants (tags still attached) I was planning on bringing them out to play later this week. :)


    xx,
    Candida

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on your move! it's always so stressful and then so nice when everything's settled! and this blue and green combo is awesome sauce.

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this combination! It's makes the gingham seem a little edger, like it's a goodie two shoes skipping school!


    xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fresh take on camo! Haven't seen anything like this yet. Love it!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this combo, lady!! So fresh and unexpected!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL