Friday, June 7, 2013

Floral Gets Vintage




dress (vintage, Street Scene, Lexington ), necklace (Adele of Lexington), shoes (Zara), bag (Michael Kors), cuff (unknown), ring (Lagos), watch (Cartier), shades (Ray Ban), ring (Anna Beck)
Note to self:  When you're attempting to do a 21 Day NO Shopping Spree don't go to the damn mall!  Granted it was to help my gal, KT, pick out some threads for an upcoming project that I'm all too excited to share with you all--but nonetheless, I think there are claw marks in J.Crew from her having to tear me outta there!  

But enough of the inevitable cave on my personal challenge, onto the vintage goodness. A few posts ago, I spoke of my Baseball Vintage Find & my day vintage shopping with oh so fabulous Suzy.  Seriously, she is one of those women you are immediately drawn to, could listen to for hours, cultured & traveled out the wazoo, would totally pillage to get a hold of her closet, should be intimidated by and yet she's beyond down to earth & feel like she's been your friend for ages.  She's downright fab in all the right ways!  I developed my crush upon her accidentally introducing s + s on camera as, "Seersucker + SaddleBAGS,"  how could I not instantly love this woman?  It was she who spotted the frock above, and with an amazing seamstress, I envisioned what the dress could be (a slightly edgy June Cleaver don't you think).  And there it is---why I reclaimed my love of vintage.  It calls for a vision and creativity.  It allows you to make a piece all your own---totally one of a kind.  Not to mention the thrill of the hunt is so fun, and I would be remiss if I didn't tell you this frock was under $20 (thank you Street Scene).  How do you all feel about vintage--into it, not so much?  Would love to hear--I hope to have a little video of our day here in the next few weeks!  Alright, gang, make it a good one & have a fantastic weekend!

photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem











 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous dress - I love finding vintage pieces like this that, with a few small tweaks, can look totally modern. Great score!!

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be in the mood (aka have the patience that day) to vintage shop but finds like that dress inspire me to go again! Love how you added the black bag & heels for a good punch!

    Classy Chic & Chardonnay
    http://ceislin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave for doing the 21 days no shopping:) Love the floral print- so pretty!

    http://www.asequinloveaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Under $20?! No way!! I absolutely love this!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pattern on this dress, and I like how you styled it with black edgier pieces.

    http://simpleeasystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty dress and necklace! I love the black accessories with it - makes the outfit a bit more edgier.

    Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute - love the styling! & as usual your hair looks fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love Love. You look amazing. That necklace was the perfect finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous find! I love how you paired a floral dress with a floral necklace! I just can't get enough!

    xx
    Here&Now

    Enter my current giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL