Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Everything Old is New






denim (F21 old, see SIMILAR), shirt (Gap, men's, see SIMILAR), cardi (Old Navy, see SIMILAR), belt (C. WonderNEED THIS), loafers (C. Wonder), necklace (Hazen, Adele of Lexington), rings (David Yurman, Lagos, Anna Beck), bag (Michael Kors), shades (Gucci)

Couple points--I've definitely broken the Spring Seal.  You know, where we all subliminally try to persuade mother nature to bring the warm weather by wearing clothes that aren't quite ready to make their spring debut, as if our wardrobes are the catalysts to warmer temps--yea right.   I, like everyone, am damn near sick of the frigid temps.  So yes, there may be snow in the background, and I may be freezing my hind off, and this may scream spring, but I just couldn't help myself.  And I'm thinking it may have worked because ole' Lex is having a warm spell this week with temps up to 55--hot damn!
A second, more relevant point--majority of this look is pretty darn old with the exception of the necklace from Adele (quite smitten with the piece).  Yellows last seen HERE.  Striped men's shirt last seen with some tomboy flair HERE, and the belt & loafers were sported HERE.  So while yes, fingers crossed, we are on the brink of a new season, and we are all tempted to stock up on new threads, don't forget to recycle your 'mature' goods.  
Lastly, I have to give a most sincere thank you to Southern Living.  I received an email last week that about stopped me in my tracks---Southern Living named yours truly one of the 75 Most Stylish Southerners.....beyond humbling, exciting, wild--you name it--and in insanely good company to boot (think Billy Reid & Kendra Scott)!  Thank you, truly.  Alright gang---make it a very good one!  

photos courtesy of Kristin tatem
 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL